At Roscoe, Rogers and Knight we pride ourselves on effectively managing the balance of protecting our landlords investment in the property whilst appreciating it is our tenants home. You will see and feel the RRK difference the moment you walk into the showroom and talk to anyone here.
From Flat to Farmhouse our clients are at the heart of everything we do and our dedicated staff will not hesitate to go above and beyond to ensure complete customer satisfaction. With over 25 years experience we fully understand the challenges that landlords face these days and therefore take the stress out of letting. Whether you just need an ear to listen or sound knowledgeable advice, we are always here for you.
Our list of contractors work regularly with us to provide our landlords with the best work at a competitive price. We NEVER charge commission on a contractors invoice, you pay what we pay! We tailor our services to suit your individual needs. We recognise that all our properties and clients are unique and we take the time to get to know you to ensure the best match of tenant, property and landlord.
Tenant Find Only
This is a service recommended for experienced landlords with knowledge of property management (and in Wales a Rent Smart Wales Licence). This service includes:-
- Full marketing of the property across our chosen internet portals, our own website and local newspaper. We will also advertise within our office which benefits from a central location in the desirable town of Monmouth.
- Accompanied viewings – We will vet prospective tenants to assess suitability before proceeding with a viewing. If suitable, we will accompany applicants around the property answering any questions they may have about the property or location.
- Referencing – Once a suitable tenant has been secured we will carry out a credit check, income reference, landlord reference and check their right to rent.
- Inventory – We will instruct a professional inventory clerk to visit the property and prepare a meticulous schedule of condition prior to the commencement of tenancy.
- Legal documents – We will draw up all Tenancy Agreements and associated paperwork for the tenancy. All our legal documentation is regularly updated to ensure it falls in line with current regulations.
- Commencement of Tenancy – We will ensure all parties have signed all the above documents, collect the first month’s rent, deposit and set up a standing order for future payments. We will hand over the keys for the property to the tenants and at this point our service ends and the landlord becomes the point of contact for the tenants.
This service is recommended for novice landlords; landlords who want to keep a personal distance from a tenancy; landlords who live abroad or too far from the property and all landlords who are simply too busy to undertake the day to day running of a tenancy.
This service includes:
- All of the above until the commencement of Tenancy. Here we will do a full check-in including meter readings so we can switch over all utilities into the tenants name.
- Deposit – we will register the deposit with the TDS and deal with any dispute should one arise at the end of tenancy
- Rent Collection – We will collect the rent each month and monitor it is on time. If any late rents should occur we will deal with them immediately.
- Maintenance – We are on call to your tenants 24/7 should maintenance issues arise. We do not up-charge on any contractor invoices so all our landlords can benefits from our selected contractors’ cost effective services. However, if our landlords do have a list of their own preferred contractors we will be just as happy to contact these on their behalf.
- Property Inspections – We understand the importance of leaving tenants to quiet enjoyment of the property but likewise, the importance of checking in on our landlords’ investment. Therefore we carry out our first inspection within the first three months of a tenancy and then, as long as all is well, every six months.
- Gas Safety Checks – We will book and arrange for a Gas Safe registered engineer to visit the property and provide us with a Gas Safety Certificate annually.
- End of Tenancy – We will check the tenants out of the property and deal with the release of the deposit. We will also take final meter readings and notify all providers of the termination of tenancy.
This service is for those landlords who have their own team of maintenance contractors but are uncomfortable dealing with the financial side of the tenancy. We can provide a rent collection service where we are employed to monitor the rental income and deal with any arrears should they occur . The landlord remains the point of contact for any maintenance issues.
Please Note: Since November 2016 it is a legal requirement for all landlords renting out properties in Wales to be registered with Rent Smart Wales. Landlords who only use a Rent Collection or Tenant Find Only Service must also obtain a licence. For further information please visit: