Clarence House, Penallt, Monmouthshire
- 5 bedroomed Detached House
- 2 Reception Rooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Double Garage
- Landscaped Gardens with Patio and Terrace
- Countryside Views
- 24.7.19 advised by vendor that Broadband will be upgraded in November by Spectrum to 1Gb
24.7.19 advised by vendor that Broadband will be upgraded in November by Spectrum to 1Gb
Penallt is South of Monmouth on the Chepstow road with easy access to the A40 at Mitchel Troy/Monmouth, which directly connects to the M4 & M50 and the M48/M4 is also easily accessible at Chepstow. The village has an excellent range of activities centred around Pelham Hall including the thriving Cricket, Tennis and Badminton clubs as well as The Inn at Penallt, an excellent Public House and Michelin star restaurant with 4 AA rosettes.
The accommodation is set over two floors. The ground floor is centred around an impressive Reception Hall with turned central staircase with a Cloakroom. The Spacious Kitchen has an open plan Dining Room, Sitting Room with bi-fold doors leading out to the patio terrace with attractive countryside views and there is a Family Room/Study. The first floor has a galleried central Landing providing access to the Master Bedroom with Dressing Room & En-suite Shower Wet Room. Three further double Bedrooms, one with an En-suite Shower Wet Room and there is a separate family Bathroom & Shower Room. Further details as follows;
• Bespoke kitchens in a range of traditional and contemporary styles, complimented by fully integrated appliances with a choice of solid granite or quartz work surfaces.
• Oak finish staircase and internal doors
• Log burner
• Fitted wardrobes to master bedroom and two further bedrooms.
• High spec double glazed wooden windows.
• LPG gas central heating with under-floor heating to ground floor and bathrooms and radiators to first floor.
• TV and telephone phone points to lounge, family area, bedrooms, hall and kitchen.
• Wired for satellite TV from roof space.
• Pre-wired for external CCTV cameras and Electric gates.
The developers SG RAYNER HOMES specialise in boutique individual properties would be delighted to provide a full specification for each home and will also offer the opportunity to personalise with a comprehensive range of upgrades to personalise your new home.
THE PENALLT AREA
Penallt (also spelt Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground South of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The village catchment has some 200 cottages and houses and the Local primary school is Trellech Primary and renowned secondary school options include Monmouth Comprehensive, Monmouth Haberdashers Boys School and Monmouth Haberdasher School for Girls.
The nearby Penallt Old Church, Wood is a 10-acre (40,000 m2) nature reserve. This deciduous woodland forms a habitat for pied flycatchers, nuthatches, tree pipits, tree creepers and sparrow hawks, as well as plants such as wild daffodils and moschatel.
Penallt Old Church is about a mile north of the village and the heavy oak door bears the date 1532. The church was restored in 1887, the church dedication is unknown, though there is a local tradition that it was St James, the Patron Saint of Pilgrims.
The Argoed, a 17th-century mansion is on the edge of the village and was once owned by the father of Beatrice Webb, the British socialist, economist and reformer. George Bernard Shaw also stayed there and described Penallt as a “special place”. Robert Plant also owned it in the 1980’s.