The Bakery And The Cafe

Recently Sold

Property Features

  • GRAND DESIGN PROJECT Grade II Listed Buildings
  • 2 Bedroom
  • 2 Bathrooms
  • Kitchen/Breakfast Room
  • Living/Dining Room
  • 2 Cellar
  • Planning Permission for 2 Dwellings
  • Off Road Parking
  • Small Garden

Property Summary

Consisting of two brick-built buildings located to the side of Castle Hill just off the town square and set at right angles sharing a two bay car port. One is single storey formerly a bakery with a terrace and the other is two storey formally used as a cafe. Whilst they have planning permission to be converted into two luxury 2 bedroomed homes they are also being offered as they stand for continued commercial use. The location is ideally placed for the local amenities, the major road networks and Cardiff, Bristol & Birmingham.

Full Details

THE CAFE 178m2 (1910 square feet)
This two storey building has a pitched tiled roof and the proposed conversion is created from the space currently occupied by the former galleried café and the shop floor below.

The upper floor will be raised to create a large open plan living/kitchen dining area with a seating area on a glass floor within the proposed stairwell under a glazed roof.

New windows will be set on the ground floor at street level which accommodates two bedrooms, one en-suite, bathroom/utility area as well as a dry cellar room. The entrance is via the double car port with pitched tiled roof over.

THE BAKERY 152m2 (1636 square feet)
This single storey building has a pitched profiled metal roof and the proposed conversion creates a glazed corridor down one side with a continuous glazed roof together with roof-lights on either side and glazing to the gable walls providing ample natural light to a layout that provides 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a study and a generous kitchen, dining and living area beyond which is an extensive and attractive, terraced walled garden.

There is also the opportunity to utilise two large cellar areas accessed by a concrete stairs. This building is also accessed from the car port with pitched tiled roof over.

N.B. Both buildings are listed only because they are attached to No 1 the Square.